Enter to Worship…Depart to Serve:
To make Christ known and redeem the people in our community and beyond.
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always” (Matthew 28:19-20).
- To glorify God and be obedient to fulfill the Great Commission with passion for the nations
- To see unreached people trusting in Christ, becoming disciples that are fully devoted followers transformed by the power of God
- To strongly involve as many people in the church as possible as workers for the harvest
- To care for one another as God’s people and commit ourselves to serve and to tell others about Jesus.
- To be driven by a total reliance on the Lord through consistent prayer
Fairview Baptist Church was founded in May 10, 1806. We are the 2nd oldest church in Buncombe County North Carolina, but the youngest in population. God has sent us a large number of orphans and families in need from our community to help in their life‘s struggle and to show them the love of Christ. Our calling is to address a great Gospel issue – that of the orphan and the church responsibility to engage in ministry to where no orphan will suffer without a family.
“Because I rescued the poor who cried for help, and the fatherless who had none to assist him” (Job 29:12).